We would like the Homepage for the site to be designed by you please.
It is important that the Homepage is not a long scrolling page but must mostly fit within an average sized browser window.
The Homepage design MUST incorporate the following elements:
- Logo (the logo can be changed completely - the one we have supplied is just a placeholder)- Search box- Telephone number (0131 331 1535)- Strapline (Helping our customers help their customers)- Language options (English or Spanish)- Main Menu*- Free trial button- Footer**
*The Main Menu must include the following links. The numbers are just for clarity. Please do not include these in the design:
1) Home2) Product3) Features (these will link to white papers and blog entries)3.1) Service Desk (has sub-menu)3.1.1) Unified Service Data View3.1.2) Incident Management3.1.2) Problem Management3.1.3) Change Management3.1.4) Service Request Management3.1.5) Service Level Management3.1.6) Email Features and Integration3.1.7) Knowledge Management3.1.8) Configurable Actions3.1.9) Scheduled Events and Reminders3.2) CMDB3.2.1) Asset and Configuration Management3.2.2) Contract Management3.3) Reporting & KPI3.3.1) Serio Report Package3.3.2) Customer Stisfaction Survey4) Pricing* we're still deciding on a model for this5) Customers5.1) Testimonials5.2) Case Studies6) Try it free
PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT take the menu from their current site - use the ones described here
We'd like a four column footer which can incorporate four vertical menus if required:
1. Contact details for 2 locations (do not include a map)
2. Products and Product info
3. Resources (White papers, sitemap, blog, IT service view)Blog, IT Service (IT service could be off the menu as it links to a forum and various plugins)4. PinkVerify, Copyright notice, Legals
The client likes the idea of a large background image
In the features section of the website, icons will be used to 'brand' each feature and split the page in an interesting way, so you may want to reflect this in your design.
The website will be built using the Drupal open source CMS framework (see http://drupal.org). It will contain a blog, product pages, resources, testimonials and case studies, forum.
The designs need to be created as specifically for Drupal as possible. This means:
* The design needs to be flexible enough for us to apply to different types of pages or content that will appear on the site in the future such as blogs, articles, videos, contact pages and so on.
* The design needs to be supplied so that it can be applied in a responsive style (to work on all devices)
* The main body area should be a fixed width around 960px to 1024px.
* Graphical devices should be kept to a sensible level. For any graphical backgrounds that you employ in your design, please be aware that with the Drupal CMS, content and block columns don't always stay the same width or height, so please ensure that your design provides extra area for background images to allow for that variability.
We will need the final design supplied as a layered RGB file. We would prefer that in PNG format (for Fireworks CS6) or PSD (for Photoshop CS6). Please label all layers with meaningful names. Please also remove any unnecessary layers.
Although we do not expect the final site will be 100% compliant with the W3C standards, please avoid design elements that can't easily be implemented in accordance with those standards (e.g. Silverlight, iFrames, Flash) as we need the site to be robust in situations such as being viewed on mobile devices and screen readers.
A NOTE ON FONTS
If your design includes non-browser-generated, non-web-safe fonts in the main content areas of the site or for buttons, menu links or section headings, ideally those fonts should be available from either Google Fonts or Typekit. If not, we expect the fonts to be included in the price and provided at handover. This should be as a full web kit which includes EOT, OT, TTF and SVG versions.
Finally, we're looking overall for a design that is graceful in all situations and will work in most modern browsers (IE, FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Safari).