I would like the shipping box that these products will be delivered in to be designed. I would like both the INSIDE & OUTSIDE designed. The exact size is not known yet, but it will be a Roll-End Tuck-Top Mailer with Dust Flaps (I have attached an illustration of box type).
The box will be a recycled cardboard (so it will be a light brown color), but on top of that I will be using one color for the graphics. The color may change, but for now please just use black.
I want the design to capture the essence of vintage luggage, and I have attached images of ones that I love. Please design the entire outside, including the sides, back and bottom.
The shipping label with go on the back and is 4 x 6. In your mockups, please include the shipping label space and some sort of decorative frame or corner pieces that would go around it.
I would like to see the following included in the design of the outside:
- Vintage suitcase aspects: straps, buckles and "metal" corner protectors on all corners. Here are real life examples of corners that I like: http://goo.gl/Ghy81W & http://www.kennedyhardware.com/imag
- On the front of the box you may put a lock icon and design a handle (but the box will not have a physical handle that you can hold). Do not include a real handle in the box design, just a drawing of one.
- A call to action to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest (make sure the icons match the overall feel of the box). With these icons put the phrase, "Continue the discovery online by following us at @GetTravelTrunk on" - Make sure this is a large feature on one side of the box.
- The company name: Travel Trunk
- The logo (attached)
- On the bottom of the box's exterior please write Made with Recycled Materials AND Please consider reusing this box to store your travel memories.
There are three possibilities for the inside of the box:
1. Put a decorative frame around the quote "I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher. If you do not use a pattern, then surround the quote in a decorative frame.
2. Include a pattern that takes up the entire inside (like the attached picture of the open trunk). Make sure the pattern isn't too complicated because it could cause printing problems.
For fonts: I am open to creative suggestions, but I also am a fan of the Google Fonts Raleway and Josefin Sans.
UPDATE 1/18: The logo has been changed and there is a font pairing with it. Please see the new attachments.
- Make the box feminine, this is for women only
- Make the wording large
- Do not add vintage stamps or anything decorative like that.
- No color except for black
Lastly, the fourth attachment is a bit of inspiration for other cardboard boxes that have a similar feel. Just something to think about.