Zoltan is an exceptional designer. He went above and beyond what was expected in terms of professionalism, design sensibility, and a knack for quickly understanding customer-centric UX and UI features. He takes feedback and suggestions well, and, very importantly, does a great job both taking/giving creative and professional direction.
Having worked in Silicon Valley for nearly a decade, I turned to 99designs for a fun side project I was in need of multiple viewpoints on a unique user group's particular set of design challenges, and I couldn't go to my primary designers for. Zoltan was at least as good as some of our top designers, and in some regards a greater pleasure to work with. I'm already working with him on follow-up work, please (don't try to) hire him (away :) !
How karenk1 started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
We're building a better heart rate monitor experience. This app is a companion to a heart rate monitor to be worn while working out. Some more details:
- Initially geared towards women, but eventually to men as well
- We have 2 personas we're working with:
Linda: 50 years old, might use Moves, first time with a heart rate monitor, has a goal to get healthier.
CC: 35 years old. has an exercise routine, might already have a fitness tracking device that calculates distance and steps but this is her first heart rate monitor. She wants to up her game a little.
We want to create an app that gives users heart rate information in a way that's easily understood, inspiring, motivational, and makes them want to work out more often, longer, harder.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
The app needs to be simple and straightforward, not to bogged down with fitness information. The workout screen needs to be glanceable - a user will pull their phone out of their pocket and want to gleam all the necessary information in one quick glance.
In terms of style, we're open to recommendations if a black background will make the information pop more. We're looking for clean, minimal and readable.
Heart Rate Monitor Companion App
The 1 screen to design is the workout mode screen:
- A user has started a workout and this is the screen they will see while the workout is in progress.
- There is a main screen when the app is launched. The user will start a workout from that main screen and then see this screen.
- There may be tabs on the bottom to navigate as well.
- The workout mode screen should contain the following information: beats per minute, exercise duration/timer, distance, calories burned and a way to stop the workout.
- It also needs to show, given the user's age, and gender, the heart rate zone they are currently in, or the % of their max heart rate they are operating at. (more details in the attached information)