We want to communicate to our clients that we are a trusted main player in the market. We are a professional team who can be relied upon and trusted. We are looking for a fresh logo to reflect these set of traits.
We like a balance of curved edges and strong shapes. Not anything too ‘friendly’ or too ‘soft'. We want something bold and strong. Something you can understand if the icon is small or big.
The icon could be any shape but should fit within a square aspect ratio.
Corporate, commercial, professional, credible, trustworthy, efficient, intelligent, multifaceted/multidiscipline, determined, agile, on time, cognitive, clockwork, positive, experienced, specialist.
PICTORIAL LOGO - IDEAS:
• We want the icon to show an entrance/ door/ space that opens into another space. This represents the entrance/ exit from one area to another.
• We don’t want the entrance/ door to be obvious/ literal, but instead we want it to be slightly more abstract e.g. shapes forming together to roughly highlight a door/ entrance into another space.
• This other space should be solid and ‘contained’. Think security products and services.
• We don’t want to see door handles or key pads or anything too literal.
Colour should be #29509b. Use of light greys and whites is also fine.
The accent or main colour should be # 2a5099. Use of light greys (e.g. #dadada or similar), white and blacks are also fine. You could play around with shades similar to # 2a5099 to accompany it. But the # 2a5099 needs to be dominant.
We like Raleway Bold but are open to suggestions.
This icon maybe used on its own when needed, but most of the time it will sit alongside the company name. This will work in a similar way to the current logo or like the Dormakaba logo, however the Icon will sit to the left instead of the right - https://www.fenster-tueren-technik.…14b82b.jpg
EXAMPLES OF LOGOS / ICONS WE LIKE:
We are open to how the graphic could work, however we like the idea of a matt, flat look rather than high gloss.
We like the idea of the shapes expressing our nature of business e.g. entry & exit, security, granting/ refusing access of people/ vehicles/ things, placing barriers, providing multiple levels of access into a site (multiple shapes interacting with each other).
Or as our current tagline says ‘Security | Access | Automation’ or ‘Specialising in the safety, security and control of entrances & exits’.
Logos we are very keen on:
• Very simple execution of shapes and potential meanings associated. If we could have something similar representing entry & exit, protection, security, channelling of fire doors, doors opening/ closing - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/40…d737db.jpg
• Although slightly too 3D, this is quite an intriguing shape non-the less. It could be a wall, it could be a door, it could be laser beams, it could be….. - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/59…822e26.jpg
• A shape emerging from a solid shape (granted access, doors opening, movement from one environment to another) - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/07…209385.jpg
• The image is contained within the square shape nicely http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/01…b548a1.jpg
• We don’t like the image as such, however we like it how the graphic is contained within the circle and provides negative space. This can be easily transferred onto other media. It could be circle or a square. Regardless, the use of negative space works very well - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/f3…c0703b.jpg
• There could be some inspiration taken from this regarding the ‘containment’, ‘security’, ‘controlled access’ feel - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/03…26cf6a.jpg
• Simple, dynamic, opportunity to play with the opacity, strong, repetitive/ cognition, trusting, wholesome, crisp - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/fd…d59b1d.jpg
• Not related to security, but we like the simple repeating nature of the graphic. It could be an interesting use of opacity and how that can be overlaid onto other things - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/88…e84626.jpg
• Simple repeating pattern. Gives an uplifting feeling, trustworthy - http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/im…p-logo.jpg
Logos we also take inspiration from:
• A little too sharp, but we like the overlapping nature of this graphic - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/4e…c5267a.jpg
• Once again too sharp, but we like it how the graphic can be used as a ‘negative space’ which can then be overlapped when needed - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/b7…cd2b84.jpg
• A little too modern, but once again we like the shape repeating itself - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/b7…0e065b.jpg
• We don’t like the graphic, but we like it how the icon matches the same feeling as the font. If we can achieve something similar that would be great - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/22…713836.jpg
• A little too modern, but the repeating shapes could represent security, continuity, safety - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/ac…f2c8ed.jpg
• The use of negative space to highlight particular aspects of the business (Security | Access | Automation) - http://a1.dspncdn.com/media/692x/63…e6b2c5.jpg
• Solid and clear. Looks legitimate/ corporate. We don’t like the traditional typeface - http://www.smallbusinesslogos.co.uk…c11300.png
Attached is our current logo. Please note we do not want the tagline as seen in the logo provided. See main body of text for design guidance.