We are a group of data scientists. We build a data lake of all available open geo data, with which we do consultancy cases and build products.
Examples of some open geo data sources are:
- Neighbourhood statistics.
- Cadastral datasets, with information (surface, height, ...) of each building.
- A list of streets and addresses
By combining all the datasets, we create extra information about each house. We calculated for example the distance to the street of each house in Belgium.
Doing this is very annoying, as the data volumes are very large, and there are many open datasets available. This makes it difficult for data science consultancy teams to integrate these open data sources into their projects.
Target audience are data science labs and risk teams in banks, telcos, retail and insurers.
Our preliminary tagline is: "Open geo data without the hassle".
The name Rockestate comes from:
- Rocket science (we do state of the art datascience, also known as machine learning / AI)
- Real estate (a reference to the cadastral data sources, which we use a lot).
Our logo has to be a word mark (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordmark).