- The view from the house is dominated by a small mountain nearby, called "Le Petit Calan" (photos see below). "Le Mas du Petit Calan" means "The house by the little hill".
- We need a logo that captures this key visual PLUS the mediterranean flavour of the place (e.g. the shape of the mountain plus a cyprus or a pine tree).
- You may add the house - but it is not mandatory. The mountain plus the mediterranean flavour are the most important elements
- We need some degree of abstraction - but the shape, the character of the mountain needs to be recognisable.
- We would like to be able to use the key visual WITH AND WITHOUT the name of the house (Le Mas du Petit Calan) for all kinds of things, ranging from website, stationary, entrance door, towels, napkin rings etc., so please develop both versions of the logo.
- A lot of the first designs that came in laid the visual focus of the typography on "Le Mas du". This however is the more generic part which is used in a lot of names of houses. If you choose to create a visual focus (which is not a requirement) it should be on the "Petit Calan", the part that makes it special.
- You will find below:
. pictures of the village
. example picture of a typical house (ours is still under construction)
. pictures of the Petit Calan (the view from the house)
. sketches of the Petit Calan
. pictures of the house (under construction)
. pictures of Pine trees and Cypres. Those shapes are typical for Provence