• Origem is a Brazilian name that means Origin.
• We are brazilians who just moved to Tel Aviv and want to open a coffee shop there.
• The name Origem is related to the diverse origins of the coffee beans (not only brazilians) and our specific origin from a country that's not where we are living now.
We work with the segment of "Specialty Coffee" which are the top quality coffees in the world. This is a very well known segment in the States and Europe but still in the first steps in Israel.
GOAL: We want to develop a brand that is clean, innovative and stands out from the other coffee shops.
• background of the logo should NOT be white
NOTES ON FONT:
• Clean/ Clear fonts
• Please don't use cursive letters as it's a little difficult for the locals to read.
• We would like some fonts that yet clean, would show something different. Origem is a very simple word and we think it must have something else to stand out.
I have attaching some references of fonts, designs, even monograms that we like. They don't have much in common to each other, but they stand out.
• The logo must work when converted to a circular area (like you see on instagram for example).
• The name "Origem" should be written in a straight line inside logo and be very easily read.
• We like the idea of mixing natural elements (coffee plant and/or coffee cherry) within the logo but in a stylish and sophisticated way. We want to keep the look of this design element clean and stylish - so leaning towards unique and minimal type design elements..
• We would like to see a monogram that would be only the "O" (from Origem) or OFC (Origem Fresh Coffee) and make with that a symbol that refers to the coffee shop.
WHAT WE DON'T WANT:
• We don't want a cup, a coffee bean and "smoke" in the logo.
• Don't use cursive letters