We're the developers behind the Markup app, which lets you markup and annotate documents on the iPad.
See the website here: http://markuponipad.com
This is really popular with school teachers, who use it to grade their students' papers and assignments. But it's also used by non-teachers: professions who take notes on business documents, filmmakers who edit scripts, authors who write short stories, etc.
We're looking for an icon that communicates the usefulness & simplicity of the app.
- Markup and annotate documents right on the iPad
- Write with your finger or stylus, just like on paper.
Tips: iOS icons we like are simple, understated, and subtly reflect both the spirit and functionality of the app. Examples include:
- Dropbox - the open, transparent box concept highlights the accessibility of Dropbox, and the light blue is a very user-friendly and inviting color
- Twitter - understated, yet with subtle detail in the background grain effect that makes it stand out
- Skype - very simple and elegant contraction of their full logo
- Reeder - the grey color highlights the "seriousness" of the app as a Google Reader substitute, and is careful not to appeal to one particular demographic, but for all users
We don't want:
- anything too juvenile - even though the app has educational use, we don't want it to feel too "kindergarten-y"
- an overly complicated icon
- Although this app is perfect for teachers, it is also useful for others. Therefore, we don't want to focus too heavily on teachers, especially if it discourages other people from using the app.