While others mainly copied Nick's ideas, he was able to create new ones! 100% recommendation.
How Maxim25 started their icon or button journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I am developing software for e-commerce client. Currently I am working on mobile application for Windows Phone/Windows 8 platform allowing people to reach an online shop and purchase anything they want. Also there's another part of the application who helps sellers to reach customers.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I need promotional graphics pack including all the stuff needed to publish the application in Windows Store. I need two sets: one for buyer module and one for seller module.
1. All graphics must be in metro style, preferably flat.
2. Please strive to minimize gradients usage.
3. I would like to have something minimalistic still elegant
4. I’m not defining background color and other theme colors. It would be very nice to have a suggestion from you regarding to the theme colors. I appreciate usage of Adobe Kuler or Color Scheme Designer (http://colorschemedesigner.com/) to suggest the theme colors.
5. Both logos must be clearly describe the application intent: ‘buy’ and ‘sell’
1. I need all graphics in editable format (PSD). I have not finalized decision on application name so I must be able to change the app name in the graphics.
2. Both sets (for buyer and seller modules) are equal and differ only by content. Please note that for example different sizes of store logo means just scaling. I don’t think there’s a need to create different content for different scales.
Graphics set details
1. Store logo
3. Small logo
4. Splash screen. Usually it contains logo and application name.
5. Wide logo
6. Promotional images. Usually it’s logo + visual whistlers and bells.
Attached document illustrates how each of images in the set will be used.