1) Rationale behind the brand name:
- My husband has a German background, and "Goldkind" means "the golden child" in German. Also in English, we like the combination of the word gold and kind(ness), which is in line with what we want our brand to reflect - high quality, compassion, kindness, etc.
2) Competitors in our market sector:
We have two direct competitors: Schmidt's Deodorant and Black Chicken Remedies:
3) Brand logos we like and reason(s) why we like them.
-The Lano Company: it's clean, nice design, simple, high perceived value
- Pai: it looks clean, simple, but high class and an expensive brand (but not pretentious-looking)
- Sukin: we like the colour-scheme, but not the logo itself
- ama.la (the Rejuvenate Line logo): high perceived value, simple, clean lines, has the leaf which conveys natural look
4) Motifs you don't want on the logo:
- We are open to all suggestions. We don't want something with too much clutter or detail, but something clean and neat which will look good when printed small.
We like the leaf, as it symbolises a connection to earth, natural and veganism, which is important to us. We're also open to other ideas you have.
We have attached a logo that was originally designed for us, but we don't feel it represents us for the following reasons:
+ Colour doesn't really reflect brand image
+ Design is somewhat boring/not eye-catching
+ It doesn't give you a "feel good" vibe; we are looking for something warm and natural, reflecting our values of compassion, kindness, honesty, respect - with products that are good for you and for the environment/animals