Conveying concepts like professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and reliability is an important part of this branding exercise. We don’t want to scare our clients (they already are scared or they wouldn’t have called us). Instead we want to send the message that by engaging the professionals at “ICS Secure”, one of their most complex problems will be dealt with and they can go back to growing their business. We are the "Swiss Bankers" of the cyber security industry, combining outstanding technical expertise with years of professional management experience and the highest levels of discretion.
Our favourite designs show subtle design elements in the use of fonts, line weights and colours. Please be inventive – we are looking for something that is modern, dynamic and interesting, yet still inspires a feeling of stability and professionalism. We know that is a tricky combination, but clearly many of you can create this.
Finally here is some general feedback for everyone regarding our thought process as we evaluate submissions:
1. We are the most interested in new designs that do not look like ones we already have received earlier in this contest. So we score original ideas highly as long as they meet our other criteria which is that the design inspires thoughts of “professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and reliability” in our customers.
2. We have received so many of the "Blue arc showing through the block letters ICS" designs in the last 24 hours that we are no longer accepting this style of design. Only early submitters using this style will be accepted and we will eliminate any submissions that use this design to protect the early submitters original work.
3. We have also received so many of the "Block letters with the C and S joined" designs that we are also no longer accepting this style of design.
4. As we noted in our announcements, the use of a shield logo is very common in the security industry and we generally will discourage it. In particular, as it can be hard for us to trademark. If you submit a logo using a shield, please be sure that there is nothing like it currently in use on the web. An accidental copy of another company’s logo is still a problem for us, even if you did not intend to make something that looks like an existing design.
5. We have received a lot of submissions based only on a medium blue colour. To us the colour seems a bit flat and uninspiring. There are a lot of shades of blue, green and grey and we like colours and/or shades that are more likely to be seen as unique and memorable in the industry – we don’t want to look like we are just copying IBM.
Thanks and Good Luck
The Team at ICS Secure