I would like a very bold, yet kind of simple, book cover designed (front, spine, and back). I really like the example cover I've attached (how-to-get-focused).
I've attached a picture of an Oklahoma City Thunder jersey because I really like that color scheme, especially that color blue as a background (it's somewhere between light blue and royal blue). I really like this blue with orange and white letters. However, I'm also open to color suggestions from designers. I'm also very open to green, since blue and green are 2 of the most appealing colors when it comes to color psychology of healing and wellness.
I've attached my 3 different rough drafts (front, spine, and back).
Pic 1 is a vector image that I paid for on a royalty-free photo site. I like it, but I'm very open to a designer coming up with something better along the lines of quality. However, it must get across the exact same message (evolution of man ending with very bad posture sitting at a desk).
Thank you very much for your interest. Let me know if there are any questions at all.
UPDATE ON FRI 1/18 at 1:30EST
1. I'd like to emphasize that it is very important for the design to be bold, yet simple (especially on the front cover). Some amazing designs have come through, but a lot of them are very complex. I'm looking for a mid-way point of 50% emphasis on bold and 50% emphasis on simple. Creativity is awesome, but less is also more in this case.
2. I'm a huge fan of the author Tim Ferriss and I love his book covers too. I'm attaching 3 pictures of his book covers that show what I'm looking for when I say "bold, yet simple". Please also refer to the example picture I attached "How To Get Focused".
3. I've removed Pic 3 (of me) because I don't think the yellow background in the picture goes well with the blue background I'm looking for on the cover. If there is room please take Pic 2 and add it to the bottom of the back cover.
4. I've updated the pdf's (for front and back covers) to reflect the new layout of all these changes.
5. I've removed pic 2 from the front cover layout and moved it to the back cover layout.
6. Feel free to use some sort of transparent image on the back cover. It would need to promote either the musculature of a healthy human body, or the functionality of a human skeleton with good posture.
UPDATE ON MON 1/21 at 6:40am EST
I just attached a new file to my DESIGN BRIEF titled "back cover JAN 21.pdf". It includes the shortened version of text to go on the back cover. The book will either be 6x9 or 4x6, but probably 6x9. Let me know your thoughts, if there is enough space on the back, be creative in choosing some sort of transparent image that goes on the back which is stashed in the one of the corners. This image should provide meaning to the main message of the book. Thank you!
UPDATE ON JAN 22 11:32PM EST
I just attached a file titled "final back cover jan 22 pdf. The picture of me at the bottom is the file titled "pic 2". I like a very plain, block type of text (something like ARIAL). Something very easy to read.
Let's go with 5.5 in x 8.5 in on each cover (will be a glossy paperback book). Let me know if there's an issue fitting everything on the back cover.
No need to do more than one option each designer at this point. I'll comment on each finalist's top design right now, letting you know which one to add the new back cover to.
Thank you for your patience, good luck!